Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gettin outta Jail Greeting Cards:

Gettin out of Jail Cards. I mean, seriously.

I have walked in a Hallmark store and numerous drug stores but I never really thought about how there's not a good section for men’s' needs. So your old lady needs to send you some dope while you're in the pen, there should be dope dipped--- "hope jail is nice" cards. You know, something special for those late destitute nights in solitary. X rated scratch and sniff cards. I'm heading grossly off my initial topic, obviously there's very little to do in jail and any attention while you're there is exciting. I watched a few guys get mail and I was awestruck when the drug dealing Camaro drivin toothless crack heads were reduced to babies at mail time. Yeah he does 400 push-ups a day, but when Roy Lee got a letter from his sister he was a bitch for the rest of the day. People ate his food and pushed him around all day. But what about when he gets out?

Here's where my idea comes in, if you need to know how long til he gets back in the game, when he's going back to court, or if you just need someone to split the cost of an 8-ball it'd be perfect if there was a card for that. I don't think I'm asking for much. I would have enjoyed a card, and it could be simple, like: " Thanks for not being a snitch, next gram is on me."
Or: "While you were gone, someone had to look after your old lady, glad I could be there for you bro."

Anyway, there's a whole untapped market, and with as many drug transactions and arrests as there are around convenience stores it's only common sense to Market these cards to companies like AM-PM, 7-11, and Wal-Mart, cause where else can a crack head go at 3 AM for Motor Oil, Twinkies, and diapers?

No comments: